Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Changing Gears

I'm giving away two copies of DOTA 2! Click this link for details!

Want to know how big of a dork I am? So big that I'm constantly planning out my gaming time and intentions. Today you'll get to be part of that planning.

The main goal here is that I want to play more Starcraft because I really want to get good at it and have a better understanding of the game so I can contribute more to the community. However, there's about a billion other fun games to play. I've gotten way into Dungeon Defenders in the past week and I've hardly played anything else at all. Guild Wars 2 just had it's first major patch with a ton of Halloween content. There's this new game called FireFall that I don't know anything about but is getting hyped out the yang that I might want to try. Plus there was that whole Panda thing that just happened....

And then, of course, there's my real life. Taking my wonderful wife on extravagant dates. Classes. Finding a full time, benefited, job so that we don't have to live just over the poverty line. Keeping new content on the site. Remembering to take the trash to the curb on Mondays. I'm a busy guy.

So here's my gaming plan:

  • At the end of next month, I'm going to let my WoW subscription die so I wont have to pay that anymore. I'll go back for major updates, but other than that, I've got too much to play. I've got some triple experience refer a friend bonus stuff doing on until then, so I'll try to get my priest and my monk up to 80 to take full advantage of that. Done. 
  • I'm going to stop playing Dungeon Defenders like a freak.
  • I'm going to check out Guild Wars when there's a major update and whenever I get that MMO itch.
  • I'm going to play more Starcraft. I'm actually going to start putting it into my weekly schedule.
  • I will start to actually follow my weekly schedule. I'm an adult. It shouldn't be that hard. Right? ...Right?
And here now is my structured Starcraft plan:
  • I am going to be playing exclusively Protoss in 1v1 (and usually streaming it).
  • I'm going to be focusing on what I feel like I am "sucking at."
    • First, I will be choosing one build order to improve. 
    • When I'm feeling really good with the one, I'll move on to one for each match up.
    • From there, I'll address specific things and change my play to incorporate them more.
      • For instance, I never use air as Protoss, so I'll use an air-heavy build.
  • I will do this until I reach Master league.
  • I will then buy another copy of the game and start the same process for another race. 
  • I realize those last two are very ambitious. I might stop at diamond.
  • I will start casting one pro game a week to help myself get more familiar with players, builds, and maps.
And that, my friends, is a gaming plan.





No comments:

Post a Comment